Come out and support our biggest charity fundraiser – pickup some trees or wreaths and help local organizations do good in our community!
The long-running tradition continues this year. Come on out and bring home a Fraiser Fur or perhaps Balsam tree, choose a nice wreath from three different sizes, or pick up some garland.
It all starts on Black Friday, Nov 26th at the corner Touhy Ave and Western Ave in Park Ridge.
Remember, it’s for a good cause; everything we make goes to local charities. We accept cash or check.
See you there!
Dads arrived Saturday morning at 8:00 am to unload the trailer, set-up the tree racks, and erect the tent for the upcoming annual Christmas tree sale. Dads returned early Sunday morning to unload three semi trailers carrying over 750 Christmas trees. This is a massive undertaking. Tree Masters Terry Jolineau and Joe Ott masterfully organized and managed the all volunteer crew. Dads completed the set-up in record time on Saturday and Sunday.
A special thank you goes to all of our volunteers this weekend. Without these dads help, this Christmas tree sale would not take place. All proceeds are donated to local charities and other non-profit organizations. Since 2008, the Park Ridge Wilderness Scouts and Princesses have donated over $125,000 to help the community.
The funds collected as part of the annual Park Ridge Indian Scouts Foundation holiday tree sale were thoughtfully disbursed to valued community organization back in April of 2012. After a thoughtful evaluation made by the leadership council, including the Nation Chiefs of all five Indian Scout Nations, funds collected were shared with the following organizations:
- Center of Concern
- D207 Education Foundation
- Have Dreams
- Infant Inc.
- Maine East School Based Health Center
- Mitchell Museum of the American Indian
- PR Civic Orchestra
- PR Fine Arts
- Rainbow Hospice
- Treasure Chest Foundation
- Wings Program
- GiGi’s Playhouse
- Maine Township General Assistance
- Park Ridge Historical Society
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund
- Vincent & Annabella’s Garden
- Special Wish Foundation
- Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation
In total, $22,000 was shared with these community organizations. The Park Ridge Indian Scouts Foundation thanks all who gave so generously during the holidays with the purchase of trees or wreaths from the Indian Scouts lot at the Community Center, and we look forward to seeing you all in November 2012 when the sale begins again.
If you’d like more information regarding the tree sale, please contact your neighborhood Indian Scout or Indian Princess, or reach out to our Federation Chief, Scott Richter.
The Park Ridge Indian Scouts and Indian Princesses Annual Christmas tree and wreath sale began today with the arrival of the trees. Federation Dads worked off their Thanksgiving feast with the early morning unloading of the first of two shipments of the kinds of trees that would make Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye dance with joy. The sale begins this afternoon, and runs through December 23rd, with proceeds benefitting an array of local charities.
Once again, the Park Ridge Indian Scouts and Indian Princesses continue their legacy of giving back to the community during the holidays! Having completed our annual organization and execution of the holiday lighting for the streets of Park Ridge, we now turn our attention to Annual Tree Sale.
For all Federation members in all Nations and Tribes, here is the overall Tree Sale Schedule, including key set-up dates:
- Saturday, November 19, 8 AM: Lot Build. All are welcome and needed to come help set up the tree supports, tent and lighting for the Tree Sale. Please bring your portable power tools, band-aids, coffee, donuts and whatever else you can contribute to the effort.
- Friday, November 25, 9 AM: First Tree Delivery. Work off your Thanksgiving food coma with a little strenuous exercise! You may not be a lumberjack, but that’s okay, you can help us offload trees from the truck anyway! Come for the trees, stay for the sap! Dads, we need your help.
- Sunday, November 27, Noon: Second Tree Delivery. More trees, more help needed.
We officially start selling on Friday, November 25th. Sale times are as follows:
- Weekdays: 4:30 to 9pm
- Weekends: 10:00am to 9pm
As of November 12th, the assigned days for each tribe to work the tree lot are:
We’ll plan to tear down the lot after close of sale on Friday, December 23rd. Your help is definitely appreciated for that event.