The funds collected as part of the annual Park Ridge Indian Scouts Foundation holiday tree sale were thoughtfully disbursed to valued community organization back in April of 2012. After a thoughtful evaluation made by the leadership council, including the Nation Chiefs of all five Indian Scout Nations, funds collected were shared with the following organizations:
- Center of Concern
- D207 Education Foundation
- Have Dreams
- Infant Inc.
- Maine East School Based Health Center
- Mitchell Museum of the American Indian
- PR Civic Orchestra
- PR Fine Arts
- Rainbow Hospice
- Treasure Chest Foundation
- Wings Program
- GiGi’s Playhouse
- Maine Township General Assistance
- Park Ridge Historical Society
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund
- Vincent & Annabella’s Garden
- Special Wish Foundation
- Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation
In total, $22,000 was shared with these community organizations. The Park Ridge Indian Scouts Foundation thanks all who gave so generously during the holidays with the purchase of trees or wreaths from the Indian Scouts lot at the Community Center, and we look forward to seeing you all in November 2012 when the sale begins again.
If you’d like more information regarding the tree sale, please contact your neighborhood Indian Scout or Indian Princess, or reach out to our Federation Chief, Scott Richter.